1. YOU’RE TRYING TO SPEND MONEY WITHOUT MAKING MONEY.
You’re a masochist at heart, particularly when it comes to money.
2. UGLINESS IS A CORE VALUE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Your brand guidelines require hideousness.
3. YOU WOULD PREFER TO HAVE A USER WORK THROUGH A SCAVENGER HUNT TO FIND INFORMATION ON YOUR WEBSITE.
Sherlock Holmes could *probably* find his way around. That’s perfect
4. BUDGET IS DETERMINED BY WHAT YOUR NEIGHBOR’S KID WOULD CHARGE.
A great site will likely cost just under the price to shovel your driveway.
5. TIMEFRAME FOR LAUNCH STRETCHES INTO YOUR 5 AND 10 YEAR PLAN.
With any luck, by the time you’re ready to launch the design will look dated!
6. YOU PREFER TO WORK WITH PEOPLE DON’T VALUE YOUR TIME OR LISTEN TO YOU.
There’s that masochist coming out again.
7. EDITING YOUR SITE SHOULD BE CONFUSING OR REQUIRE YOU TO CALL YOUR DEVELOPER.
You’re into the constraints of 1998. Kicking it old school.
8. MONTHLY FEES GET YOU PSYCHED.
Much more than just hosting, you’d like to pay for your content management system and tempates. Not to mention “SEO” fees which will never show you any results.
9. ONCE BUILT, YOUR SITE SHOULD REMAIN HIDDEN.
It takes the pressure off of dealing with potential customers.
10. YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE A ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL APPROACH THAT MISSES THE MARK ON ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHING YOUR GOALS.
Accomplishing goals is so passé.